Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Coming Clean

I am perhaps best known to my friends as the guy who listens bands whose members stab each other to death and consume the victim's brains. As kvlt as I am, I did not grow up hermetically sealed within the northern darkness of a Scandinavian forest. I am a product of the suburbs. So it is only natural that I have a strong, though often repressed, proclivity towards pop-punk.

Allow me to clarify that I'm not talking about socially acceptable bands like The Movielife (who bring the ruckus). It's time to come clean. I am an NFG fan. There's no use lying about it. During my adolescent years their self-titled release received heavy rotation in my discman. Subsequent releases were more inconsistent in terms of quality, but nevertheless enjoyable.

Below is a video for a new NFG song. Jordan's vocals are as sackless as ever. But maybe they're easier to stomach on account of the Madball shirt he's wearing. And I'm down with that. I refuse to further hide my affection. I am fucking into this.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha Me too! Oh, NFG. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave that was me, on Em's profile. Anyway. Yes. I have memories of NFG at Brambleberry, singing along, pogo-jumps in the fragrance area...mmm...God I miss you man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah jesus, The Movielife was awesome. I still frequently listen to "Nothing Gold Can Stay" i'm not ashamed.

    ReplyDelete

Labels